Senior JAVA Technical Lead and Solutions Architect
Five 9 Group is seeking a hands-on Technical Lead and Solutions Architect with strong JAVA development experience to join our team supporting a Federal Agency in Washington D.C. metropolitan area. As a key member of the team, the Technical Lead and Solutions Architect will interface with the customers and lead developers supporting a range of software development activities including requirements collection and analysis, technical architecture design, detailed software design, implementation, test and integration for new and existing systems. Prior experience leading large, enterprise-level software development efforts using Java-centric and Open Source Software technologies is a critical qualification for this position.
- Leads developers in design, development, test and integration of custom JAVA applications and solutions.
- Interfaces with senior-level customer management and SMEs and, acts as a solutions architect for a variety of business domains.
- Designs and leads implementation of scalable, secure JAVA-based applications.
- Supports developers in resolving complex design, implementation and/or performance issues.
- Works with the Information Security Organization to ensure that developed solutions meet all security requirements.
- Researches, architects, designs and supports all development and delivery activities, from requirements definition and specification to deployment and delivery to production.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify new requirements; identifies areas for improvements.
- Performs feasibility analysis of potential future efforts.
- Assist in identification and evaluation of new/emerging technologies, COTS products, development and testing tools.
- 10+ years of recent hands-on Java development experience, including three years of Java Open Source frameworks and technologies
- 5 years of large-scale relational database design and development using Oracle and PL/SQL
- 5 years Web application, SOA, web service (SOAP or RESTful ) development and deployment
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Experience with TDD and test automation technologies
- Experience in applying Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in developing innovative Java-centric scalable, secure enterprise custom applications
- Experience leading multiple concurrent software development projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain an effective working relationships with development teams and customers
Optional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Oracle Spatial
- Experience with GIS and geocoding
- Java certifications: Certified Professional Java EE Web Component Developer, Certified Professional Java EE Developer, Application Developer, and Certified Master Java SE Developer.
Five 9 group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you share our values of ethics and integrity, and commitment to deliver the highest quality (Five 9s) then we want you on our team! In return, we offer an environment where you can excel, be empowered, and realize your true potential.
Our exceptional portfolio of employee benefits includes:
- FREE health insurance!
- Affordable, comprehensive Section 125 dental and vision insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts-Health, Dependent Care and Commuter Benefits
- 100% match on first 4% of employee contributions to the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with 100% immediate vesting
- Company Paid Life, AD&D, Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work schedule to help you maintain a balance of professional and personal endeavors
- Third-party Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to help with life’s challenges
- In-house training and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for continuing education and external professional development opportunities
- Corporate Sponsorship and Donation program supports worthy charitable causes important to our employees
- Employee Referral Program – refer a qualified candidate for one of our open positions and receive $1,000 after they complete three months of employment
- Business Growth Incentive Program – participate in winning new business for the company and receive a percentage of the revenues earned
- Annual, quarterly and spot awards to recognize outstanding performance and service to the customer or company